Event Phone: 0131 555 6255
Spring Yoga Spa Day at the Santosa Sanctuary
21 May 2017 | 10 – 5.00 pm
Our next Seasonal Yoga Spa Day celebrates the Spring Season, incorporating the Spring Meridians and Wood Element. The day combines two yoga workshops, a choice from a range of holistic therapies and some scrumptious smoothies, lunch and cake!
Enjoy a rejuvenating day with our team of leading yoga teachers and therapists in the Sanctuary, designed to take you forward and embrace your inner-mojo in celebration of spring and everything it offers!
- Welcome smoothie and delicious signature energy balls whilst you book your holistic therapy time-slot.
- Robert Kunscikov, Thai Massage Therapist talks us through the Meridians, their seasons and how you can keep the balance and prevent blockages with some handy self massage hints and tips.
- Yin Yoga workshop led by Sharon Iacono, SonoYoga.
The focus is on longer held poses with the aid of bolsters and yoga props. Based around the Spring Meridians with Robert to help you access the acupressure points as you move through the practice.
Lunch and Therapies
Each therapy lasts 30 minutes and you may choose one of the following:
- Thai Yoga Massage with Robert Kunscikov –
- Tui Na with Mark Appleford –
a Traditional Chinese Therapy to grasp and pull disease out of the body. The physical aspect of Chinese Medicine. In modern terms it can be described as a combination of remedial, soft/deep tissue, orthepedic massage, trigger point, myofacial release, joint manipulation and stretching.
- Indian Head Massage with Lynsey McKenzie –
Based on ancient Ayurvedic techniques, this massage eases tension, stimulates circulation and restores joint movement, involving work on the back, shoulders, neck scalp and face, great for stress relief,migraine sufferers, and healthy skin and hair boosted by blood supply to the head great for mind clarity too.
Extra treatments are available, time permitting, for an added cost of £15 for a further 30 minutes.
- Lunch – a delicious, nutritious vegetarian or vegan lunch pre-ordered from the extensive menu and served in the Cafe and is followed by:
- Introduction to Ayurveda from Heather Burns
An introduction to understanding the three Body Types, or doshas, of Ayurveda. These body types are reflections of the qualities of nature. They give insight not just into the tendencies of our bodies, but of our mental, emotional, and behavioral characteristics as well. According to Ayurvedic medicine, prevention is dictated by the unique requirements of your body type. Because we are unique, what we eat, how we exercise, when we sleep, and even where we prefer to live, will be different from one person to the next. The best and most healthful practices for each individual can be better understood by knowing one’s body type and working with the food we eat and the yoga practice and self care to bring that Dosha into a harmonious balance.
- Yoga Flow workshop to close the day: a detoxifying spring flow to gently twist into the energetic body. Subtly wringing out the digestive system for internal spring cleaning providing space and steadiness in preparation for renewal – led by Heather Burns.
- Tea and treats waiting for you upstairs before you step back into the real world, feeling energised and balanced.
- May 21, 2017
9:30 am - 5:00 pm